Henk Gerrits (°1956) starts at the age of 15 with Kung Fu and Okinawan Kempo in the Netherlands. In the ’80, he starts practicing Goju Ryu under Morio Higaonna Sensei and later he is admitted to the Jundokan dojo in Okinawa under the supervision of Ei’ichi Miyazato Sensei.
He is now a 8e Dan in Jundokan Goju Ryu and teaches Okinawan Goju Ryu in the Netherlands. See for more info: www.budokannijmegen.nl
Henk Sensei has also profoundly studied acupuncture and thereby received the licence of “Master of Acupuncture“. He also successfully runs a practice in this expertise: www.acupunctuurwijchen.nl
Henk Sensei holds several degrees and certificates:
- 8th Dan Okinawa Goju Ryu Karate Do, World – and European Goju Ryu Karate Do Federation;
- Member of the Okinawa Goju Ryu Karate Do Jundokan Kyokai Okinawa (Okinawa, Japan);
- Member of the World – and European Goju Ryu Karate Do Federation;
- Japan certified teacher in Okinawa Goju Ryu Karate Do (Jundokan Ryu by Ei’ichi Miyazato Sensei in Okinawa);
- Acknowledged national Karate Do teacher in the Netherlands;
- Member of the Dan Degree Council in the Netherlands and in Germany;
- Chairman and Chief Instructor Okinawa Goju Ryu in the Netherlands.
Henk Sensei also wrote two books:
- “History and development of Okinawa Goju Ryu”;
- “Classical Okinawan karate/do and Kyushu”.